In only low radioactivity X-ray equipments are used. All radiological research is done following Radiation Safety Standards in Diagnostic Radiology.
Why is radiological research needed?
This research is necessary in order to evaluate teeth and surrounding tissues, the state of dental root canals, state and amount of jawbone.
Dental clinic Vilnius Center Denticija has:
● dental computed radiography / dental digital radiography – these are needed when we want to see a tooth‘s (teeth‘s) crown and root condition.
With dental photos it is possible to exacty pin-point caries-damaged locations, when treating dental root canals it is possible to see their number, length, configuration:
● panoramic dental X-ray photo / digital panoramic X-ray photo – they show us the whole mouth and surrounding areas (mandibular jawbone joints and jawbone sinuses).
● panoramic X-ray photos are used:
● to evaluate general dental and jawbone state,
● to evaluate periodontal state,
● in planning prosthetic procedures,
● in planning surgical procedures (submerged tooth or wisdom tooth extraction, dental implantation, bone augmentation),
● in planning orthodontic treatment (bracket system).