Dental whitening using the “Beyond” system is advanced and, what is even more important, a safe technology that will help you to ensure that your teeth are white and nice looking. This system cleans not only the surface of the tooth, but also the plaques from the internal dental structure.
- How it works? During dental whitening using the “Beyond” system in the course of the special optical process, harmful ultraviolet and infrared rays are eliminated. Whitening gel affected by the ray of cold blue (LED) light, activates the oxygen of the tooth so it cleans not only the surface of the tooth but also removes plaques from the internal structure of the tooth that occur due to the exposure of coloring food, drinks, or use of antibiotics. One procedure brings back the whiteness of your teeth.
- Is this necessary? This is one of the most effective methods of dental whitening for teeth that lose their color due to exposure to coffee, tea, or smoking as well as for teeth that became darker due to genetic factors or use of antibiotics.
- How white will your teeth be after dental whitening? The result depends individually on every person, his/her age, teeth structure, teeth viability, everyday oral hygiene skills. The “Beyond” system ensures whitening in the range of 4 to 10 shades. Average whitening includes 8 shades.
- How long does the effect persist? Possible warranty of the effect is up to 2 years.
- Is there a need for special protective means after dental whitening? Smoking, drinking coffee, tea, colored carbonated drinks and eating coloring foods are not advisable within the first 24 hours after the whitening procedure. It is also recommended to avoid colored toothpaste and other colored oral care products. After the dental whitening procedure, an oral hygienist will provide you with detailed information concerning care of whitened teeth and will give you a booklet.
- How long will this procedure take? Usually the whitening procedure takes approximately 40 minutes, and the professional oral hygiene takes 45 to 60 minutes. You will spend approximately 1.5 hours in the odontologist’s office, and your teeth will be significantly whiter.
- Is the “Beyond” system safe? Scientific research has proven that dental whitening with hydrogen peroxide does not change or alter dental structure; it only whitens the teeth, and the dental gel is exposed to cold light in a low temperature, and this is only minimally irritating to the dental nerves. During the whitening procedure, gums are protected using special material. This method of dental whitening ensures the patient’s safety, satisfaction and comfort.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
- Devitalized teeth, dental fillings and crowns do not get whitened and therefore teeth filling and dental prosthetics should be performed after the whitening by adjusting the color of the whitened teeth.
- Teeth strongly affected with tetracycline and other antibiotics may require more than one procedure. There should be at least a two weeks’ pause between procedures. After the first procedure, teeth became whiter by 5 shades, patients are satisfied with the results, and 30% of patients request only one procedure.
PROCEDURE IS NOT RECOMMENDED:
- In children below the age of 18 years. Dental whitening may damage the nerves and cause long-term sensitivity.
- In pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- In patients with gum diseases.
- In patients allergic to peroxide.
- In patients with teeth tissues affected by decay.
- In patients with multiple gingival recession (gingival retraction).